1. Dave Luvara
    5/27/2015

I remember Henry-in the late 1970’s thru the 90’s my cousin Patty Kail and her husband Chris had a little store in the same building that the “Common Plea” was located. They bought their donuts from Henry- he was a very nice man and had great donuts.

2. larry
    5/27/2015

Thanks PG for this wonderful story and for showing respect for people who have made this city so unique.

3. Jon
    5/27/2015

Does the PPG know this is unreadable on most internet browsers?

4. Carol S
    5/28/2015

Thank you for posting this wonderful story about Henry. He was my Grandfather. He always liked to interact with the people he met. It is nice to see his picture in the paper, especially doing what he loved.

5. Art D
    5/28/2015

I’m digging the “Digs”. Keep up the good work.

6. Mike D
    5/28/2015

It was always a treat to see Henry’s Van parked near Primanti’s after a late night in the Strip District. I couldn’t count how many times I bought a couple (or more) doughnuts from him in the early morning hours!

7. TONY B.
    9/21/2015

I WORKED IN THE PRESSROOM AND WE STARTED TO PRINT THE SUNDAY PAPER AT 430PM. SATURDAY AFTERNOON.
    WE WOULD FINISH ABOUT 5AM . HENRY “THE DONUT MAN” WOULD ALWAYS PARK HIS TRUCK IN THE ALLEY NEXT TO THE PRESSROM DOOR. I HAD 2 YOUNG BOYS WHO WOULD GET UP AT 6AM AND ATE DONUTS UNTIL THEY GOT A BELLY ACHE. THOSE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS. I RETIRED IN 1992 AND MY FAMILY STILL TALK’S ABOUT THE DONUT MAN….GOD BLESS YOU HENRY

8. John Sweeney
    12/31/2016

1085 Morewood (Sigma Alpha Epsilon … the house with the lions) was a regular 4am ish stop … and a reason to stay up !