1. Greg Manesiotis
    2/3/2016

I have enjoyed the old photos as well as the stories associated with them. I applaud
    Your devotion to the “old days” ,it surely brings back pleasant memories for me and my family> KEEP DOING THEM!!!

2. Annette
    2/3/2016

Why are so many of the people photographed in “August 1952” wearing coats and hats?

• 2/4/2016

We wondered the same thing. The pictures were published in The Pittsburgh Press Roto Magazine on Sunday, Aug. 24, 1952, but may have been shot earlier in the summer, after the airport’s opening on May 31, 1952. Perhaps it was a cool summer.

• Jim Dand
      3/6/2016

Because that was back when US citizens still had pride in their country and liked to dress up.

3. Sharon Mulder
    2/5/2016

I remember many a warm summer evening going to the airport to see the “dancing fountain” and go onto the observation deck to watch the planes arrive. It was a big deal for a family with 6 kids. Imagine trying any of that today.

4. Mark Cromer
    2/6/2016

I remember going on dates to the Airport. We would get dinner, go to a movie and then we would go on to the observation decks and wtch the planes.

5. Betty Wynn Laport Feher
    2/6/2016

I well remember how exciting it was when my dad, Larry Wynn, would load my family into our rattle-trap station wagon and take us to the Greater Pgh Airport to watch the planes land. For me it was as if I was in a Sci-Fi movie standing on that platform and hearing the noise, smelling the fuel and actually seeing these structures as big as buildings FLY! Thanks, Dad.

6. jeff
    2/7/2016

My uncle, Engineer Milton Justh, designed the ‘Dancing Fountains” at the entrance to the main terminal!

7. Wendy
    2/8/2016

I have several pictures that my father took when we visited the airport. One that stands out is of my paternal grandmother with my mom and my sister and I on a bench. That was probably back around 1955 or so. My dad loved to take pictures and I still have this one of us on that bench on what looks like a sunny warm day. Great memories!

8. Philip Jay Baguet
    7/18/2016

Those wonderful pictures take me back to a time when air travel was the most exciting part of a trip. It’s a great shame that now it’s something to be endured rather than enjoyed.