1. Jack Bennett
    4/13/2016

Are there any remaining archive stories concerning the famous “commuter bandit” back in the late 1950s or early 1960s?

2. Mike Dillon
    4/13/2016

More great images — and the stories behind them — Steve! Keep ’em coming!

3. Jeff Vingin
    4/14/2016

The picture that ‘the location is a mystery’, I found it on google earth. It is in Whitehall, Glennallen Dr. Here is a comparison picture: http://imgur.com/7bpFHGt

4. Linda Edwards
    4/15/2016

I have some pics of some old postcards of Pittsburgh that I scanned onto my pc if anyone wants to see them.

5. Joyce Mandelblatt
    4/15/2016

Fascinating! I do not remember Stewart Love or his aerial photos. Thanks!

6. […] Pittsburgh from the sky, before the Renaissance In addition to the “strange race” story, we found in our archives this picture of Love leaning on the edge of the Gulf Building in 1956. By then his willingness to venture to high locations and climb into airplanes had earned him the title of the … Read more on Pittsburgh Post-Gazette […]

7. David Evans
    10/14/2016

Do you know where online the night building
    Picture of the Sun Tele is? It shows the Herst neon building sign. My dad ( David Evans) worked there as a photographer with Morris Behrman after the war until 1954. My mom worked in the newsroom.

8. David Evans
    10/15/2016

I found the picture with a simple search. Thank you.

9. Bruce Harper
    3/6/2017

That is Neville Island, looking at the Dravo marine ways along the main channel of the Ohio River. The intersection of Grand Avenue (street through the middle of the photo) and Neville Road can be seen in the upper-right corner, adjacent to the park (which is still there today).