1. hguy
    6/23/2017

Awesome story. Thank you! Loved the Teaberry Commercial. Herb Alpert’s music was everywhere int he late 1960s. A magical time. Zagnut is still the best candy bar ever.

2. Janice Emerson
    6/23/2017

I recently bought a box of Clark Bites. I’m from W. Pa. and thought it would be a piece of the past. Instead, the chocolate was bitter and the filling was nothing like I remembered. I miss Clark Bars and Zagnuts!

3. Pat Altenhof
    6/23/2017

I remember in the late 40’s when a Clark Bar was a rare treat – – it was different then – – there was a center core – – a strip of caramel, which was surrounded by the peanut butter crisp mixture… It was dipped in milk chocolate, then had a squiggle of milk chocolate that ran the length of the bar… It did become a bar of the crisp, dipped in milk chocolate… It became a dollar store staple – – and I found it in dark, milk and white chocolate varieties, as well as several different sized bars, including a sack of what would have been penny priced when I was a kid…. Butterfingers are a poor cousin, but are found all over the place… Clark commercials made stars of several of the Zoo’s inhabitants – – the Ostrich and the Camel were my favorites, “I want a Clark Bar”….. Now I am off to Amazon, because I really do want a Clark Bar now……

4. Tom Garvin
    6/23/2017

The mansion in the Fairhaven Plan in North Versailles Twp supposedly was the Clark Mansion on the Clark Farm. I was told that that was owned by the founder of the Clark Bar.

5. Dr Tom Shultz
    6/25/2017

Excellent article and this is from someone who attended Hershey Medical Center!

6. Bob Ramsey
    7/14/2017

My grandfather and my father worked at Clark. My father and mother met there. I worked there every summer while I was going to college. Clark bars were a big part of my diet. Thank you for the wonderful memories.