1. tom stypula
    9/2/2015

My sister is celebrating her 50th wedding anniversay in oct. and she and her husband
    met at West View Park Danceland and I am trying to obtain a picture of the danceland
    that I can blow up and put on display at her party in Oct. Do you know where I can
    get a picture of the Danceland. Even if there is a pictue of it you have posted I can
    take a picture of it then have it developed. Hope to hear from you. THanks.
    It would be a great surprise for her.

• Eileen Kicken
      7/20/2019

If you Google West View Danceland, you’ll find pictures.

2. a.t. schmalzried
    9/30/2015

….a day @ west view park was rivaled only by Christmas day in my childhood; ..from the school picnic in June to Thorofare days in august, little matched the thrill of this classic american amusement park!………….fondly and respectfully remembered!…….

3. william mulligan
    10/30/2015

I remember a high wire collapse in West View Park in late 50s or early 60s. one of my classmates sisters was crippled and a mother was killed, any info on that??

• Jolene Letzkus Edwards
      7/21/2019

I remember it well! The mother was Martha McCoy from Whitehall. The little girl was Celeste Farnsworth also from Whitehall. Martha was a friend of my mother’s. We all attended St. Gabriel’s and Martha lived on Greenridge Drive right across from the church and Celeste lived on Baptist Rd. I lived on Spring Valley Drive. The big metal pole let loose and the mid point of the pole hit Martha directly on the head and the end of the pole hit Celeste on the head. She was never the same again . My mom was right there and my dad and I were up on top of the hill watching. Such a sad day for an always anticipated fun day with all our friends and families .

4. Edward S. Toperzer
    12/13/2017

Loved going to Danceland during the 40’s and 50’s. Met a lot of nice ladies there. A really classy place to go. Competed with The Royal Ballroom and Kennywood Park.

5. John
    5/7/2018

My grandmother lived very close to the park and I spent many a summer in West View ,had a lot of great times there are a lot of great memories I lived in West View across Perry Highway whenever they started to tear down the park -that broke my heart

6. Dale dutkowsky
    9/28/2018

Some of my best times as a young boy was at West view park i remember my dad took me on the roller coaster for my first time I loved it my school picnics my grandma always got up early to bring our favorite pork chop and pepper and potatoes sandwiches I loved those days.

7. Paul Burek "red"
    11/10/2018

Fond memories at West View Park …school picnics were a blast! loved all the rides…mostly love dance land, every sat nite …Mad Mike, Terry Lee, and Arnie would spin the best oldies… still listen to them today.. miss those days…a different time for sure…attitudes, values…family and work held it all together…

8. Joan Leotta
    7/20/2019

Does anyone remember the Wellington pharmacy near the park?
    Does anyone know who bought the merry go round?
    Tracking both for a story I’m writing..thank you in advance

9. Joyce Whitby
    7/20/2019

School picnics every year; on the Dips 20 times in a row; roller skating at Danceland in the ’50s. Some of my fondest memories.

10. Lou Ann
    7/20/2019

Loved west view loved those cable cars that went over the park miss the simpler times great memories as a child there

11. Barb K
    7/20/2019

Remember Thorofare days, the beautiful little merry go round and of course that crazy roller coaster that was so fast and came down a hill and sloped “ dangerously” sideways.

12. Peggy
    7/21/2019

Am I mistaken or is Chilly Billy shown multiple times with his family?

13. ED
    8/5/2019

I remember working there for 2 summers I was just 15 years old. I also remember the penny arcade had so much fun just playing the games and standing by the juke box everyone would laugh and dance to the music. It was a different time then life seemed so much more peaceful. friends, family everyone would be there just having fun. No one had to worry your parents were ok with you staying at the park until that last song played. What a great time in my life.