1. tom stypula
    9/2/2015

My sister is celebrating her 50th wedding anniversay in oct. and she and her husband
    met at West View Park Danceland and I am trying to obtain a picture of the danceland
    that I can blow up and put on display at her party in Oct. Do you know where I can
    get a picture of the Danceland. Even if there is a pictue of it you have posted I can
    take a picture of it then have it developed. Hope to hear from you. THanks.
    It would be a great surprise for her.

• Eileen Kicken
      7/20/2019

If you Google West View Danceland, you’ll find pictures.

2. a.t. schmalzried
    9/30/2015

….a day @ west view park was rivaled only by Christmas day in my childhood; ..from the school picnic in June to Thorofare days in august, little matched the thrill of this classic american amusement park!………….fondly and respectfully remembered!…….

3. william mulligan
    10/30/2015

I remember a high wire collapse in West View Park in late 50s or early 60s. one of my classmates sisters was crippled and a mother was killed, any info on that??

• Jolene Letzkus Edwards
      7/21/2019

I remember it well! The mother was Martha McCoy from Whitehall. The little girl was Celeste Farnsworth also from Whitehall. Martha was a friend of my mother’s. We all attended St. Gabriel’s and Martha lived on Greenridge Drive right across from the church and Celeste lived on Baptist Rd. I lived on Spring Valley Drive. The big metal pole let loose and the mid point of the pole hit Martha directly on the head and the end of the pole hit Celeste on the head. She was never the same again . My mom was right there and my dad and I were up on top of the hill watching. Such a sad day for an always anticipated fun day with all our friends and families .

4. Edward S. Toperzer
    12/13/2017

Loved going to Danceland during the 40’s and 50’s. Met a lot of nice ladies there. A really classy place to go. Competed with The Royal Ballroom and Kennywood Park.

5. John
    5/7/2018

My grandmother lived very close to the park and I spent many a summer in West View ,had a lot of great times there are a lot of great memories I lived in West View across Perry Highway whenever they started to tear down the park -that broke my heart

6. Dale dutkowsky
    9/28/2018

Some of my best times as a young boy was at West view park i remember my dad took me on the roller coaster for my first time I loved it my school picnics my grandma always got up early to bring our favorite pork chop and pepper and potatoes sandwiches I loved those days.

7. Paul Burek "red"
    11/10/2018

Fond memories at West View Park …school picnics were a blast! loved all the rides…mostly love dance land, every sat nite …Mad Mike, Terry Lee, and Arnie would spin the best oldies… still listen to them today.. miss those days…a different time for sure…attitudes, values…family and work held it all together…

8. Joan Leotta
    7/20/2019

Does anyone remember the Wellington pharmacy near the park?
    Does anyone know who bought the merry go round?
    Tracking both for a story I’m writing..thank you in advance

9. Joyce Whitby
    7/20/2019

School picnics every year; on the Dips 20 times in a row; roller skating at Danceland in the ’50s. Some of my fondest memories.

10. Lou Ann
    7/20/2019

Loved west view loved those cable cars that went over the park miss the simpler times great memories as a child there

11. Barb K
    7/20/2019

Remember Thorofare days, the beautiful little merry go round and of course that crazy roller coaster that was so fast and came down a hill and sloped “ dangerously” sideways.

12. Peggy
    7/21/2019

Am I mistaken or is Chilly Billy shown multiple times with his family?

13. ED
    8/5/2019

I remember working there for 2 summers I was just 15 years old. I also remember the penny arcade had so much fun just playing the games and standing by the juke box everyone would laugh and dance to the music. It was a different time then life seemed so much more peaceful. friends, family everyone would be there just having fun. No one had to worry your parents were ok with you staying at the park until that last song played. What a great time in my life.

14. Lee
    3/1/2020

Our school picnic (St. James, West End) and the policeman’s picnic were highlights of my youth. I remember coming down around the horseshoe curve of the hill on rte. 19 (it seemed like it took us hours to get there) and finally seeing the hairpin turn of the dips at the bottom of the hill! That was our cue to really get excited!

The Racing Whippet, Boot Hill, the Bat Chute, the amazing Kiddie Land, the Dips, the Antique Cars, the garbage cans with animal heads that “sucked” your trash through its mouth, the huge picnic pavilions, everything that was there has a warm spot in my nostalgic heart! Remember that smell of grease from the roller coasters?! There’s really nothing like it! I miss that place, but even more, I miss my youth!

15. Diann G Stahovic
    3/1/2020

What a reminder of happy times. I grew up in West View and loved this park! Had so many happy and fun times there! Cancel and was always my favorite place to be in Saturday night! Music with Mad Mike and lots of laughs and good times!

16. Patrick Mullaney
    3/2/2020

I saw Wild Cherry perform there the summer before Play That Funky Music broke nationally. I was only 10 years old at the time

17. Terry Hoge
    4/2/2020

I grew up in McCandless Township, went to North Allegheny High school, we had all of our school picnics there, always looked forward to that, My mom would bring a big container of lemon blend , once we were old enough to venture out on our own, I don’t think I would see my mom until it was time to leave for the night, my grandparents both lived a little south of the park in Perrysville , we would pass the big dips , and it was exciting to see the riders going past the bend as we rode by . My dad purchased one of the maintenance buildings after the park closed , we disassembled the building , but many times I would walk the empty park, it was eerily quiet, unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures of the empty park, you don’t realize what you had , until it’s not there anymore

18. Jeff logan
    4/29/2020

Grew up in pittsbugh. The F.O.P. Had their pinics there. My dad was a city cop and we loved going here. Aunt Mary lived a short walk from the park and there was a trail that led from her house to the racing whip it. Things were diffrent back then , i really miss those days and all the great memories at west view

19. mary
    5/1/2020

Does anyone remember the copoerhead snakes there?

20. Pat
    6/18/2020

Memories of fun, laughter, family picnic, thrills/chills, etc. Our grade school had their picnic there every year. We all went on the streetcar in the morning with the school. My Mom would come later with the food. Then she would play bingo with the other parents while we ran from one ride to the other. If you saw Father at the park, he would always give you some extra ride tickets. My parents would buy so many strips of tickets thru the school. Once you used all of your tickets, you could watch the show or just “go fish”, go into the Arcade of games, etc. From the swings, ferris wheel, scooters, tumblebug, whippet, tilt a whirl, finally being tall enough to ride the Dips/Racer. Those were the days & we have such wonderful memories.