1. Mr.&Mrs. John Eugene Hibbard
    10/15/2015

Good! Was a great place but…a lot of excons and men that were supposed to be recovering alcoholics went here to hide their sickness and get some on the side.

2. Mr.&Mrs. John Eugene Hibbard
    10/15/2015

Specially those from Renewal Inc. And Alikiski

3. michael collins
    10/15/2015

The BR is one of my fondest childhood memories. My dad worked at the USS building and he would take me with him. I loved the spittoons but dad promised my mom he would not encourage me. What I also recall is the waitresses took your order and yelled it to the cooks in some kind of greasy spoon mumbo jumbo.

4. frank williams
    10/19/2015

I well remember the Brass Rail in the 7th Ave Hotel. Great watering hole for new Penn State grads!!! t’s now a parking garage. Frank Williams

5. Bill Ayoob
    11/4/2015

I know that there was more than three brass rails in downtown Pittsburgh. There were three on Liberty avenue alone, one was next to Hendels fruit market on fifth and market street. There was another one on the corner of 7th and Liberty, there was one by the old Nixon theater ( my favorite). There was one on wood street almost on the corner of wood and diamond street, another one was real small and was next to Hites drug store on Grant street across from the court house. There was definitely more than three, because I ate at all of them in the late fifties and early sixties. My favorite restaurant by far in the day in downtown Pittsburgh.

6. Eric Blackwell
    2/7/2016

“Shorty” is what they called him. Robert Allen Brooks was his real name. He worked the evening to closing shift. There were two in East Liberty. I used to go there to get a hamburger, root beer, and a pack of Archway cookies. Then my stepdad would send me to the Regent Theatre for a movie. Good times.

7. Doris mercer Grady
    5/29/2017

East Liberty…PENN AVE down from the regent square theater.. I went to the Fairgrieves dance school in east Liberty.. A treat was going to the Brass Rail for lunch between classes. My order was a Burger, ketchup and onion and a chocolate milkshake. Those shakes were the best and the burger my favorite. I miss those days…especially the East lIberty of the 50’s