1. Tim Lucas
    7/24/2019

I loved this article and would welcome more like it. I think the team and the fans need to revisit the history to truly understand what it means to be a Pittsburgh Steeler and how that tradition of winning was built and sustained.

2. Pete
    7/24/2019

Great story! I’ve read the recent books on the early years of the Noll campaign and the details of the drafts which built the dynasty but I still love reading about what happened. What still amazes me is how an owner put his trust in a coach to completely change the philosophy of the team, and how that philosophy is maintained to this day by the descendants of Art Rooney.

3. GARY W
    7/24/2019

Great article. I was a frustrated fan at the time and was very glad for this change although we were not sure about just what Noll was all about. I think my opinion was cemented when he sent Roy Jefferson packing, their only star. The current fan base needs more of this history to realize just how far this team has risen, largely due to the Emperor Chaz.

4. steve crisanti
    7/24/2019

I agree we need more stories like this and also stories on lesser known players from that era , and where they are now, a ‘ what ever happened to” story line. I would love to see more on each year 72 thru 79, especially the 76 Steelers that defense was amazing what they did that year they were better than the 85 Bears and the 01 Ravens, along with everyone else.

5. RONALD STRACHAN
    7/24/2019

great I was there with them back then what great memories

6. Alan Ribar
    7/25/2019

I went to numerous games “ back in the day” of the Joe Greene era and it was obviously to watch the game but that was almost guaranteed as it was rare teams came into the BURG and left w a W

AWESOME era of STILLERS FB

7. Jim carmody
    7/25/2019

Great article. I fondly remember reading Pat Livingston and Bob Smizik as a boy and revisiting some of those articles as you did here is a great idea for an ongoing feature

8. Joe Basile
    7/25/2019

Wonderful! How about one on the first season?

9. Melvin Myers
    7/27/2019

I remember those years like they were yesterday, my favorite player was Jack Ham, linebacker out of Penn State, he played with exceptional intelligence. He was in the
    opposing teams backfield so often that you’d think he knew the play before the huddle broke. the 1976 defense was so much fun to watch that I wasn’t upset when the offence had a turnover, because I knew the defense would come through

10. Lawrence L Jackson
    8/8/2019

Those were tuff years. I lived through them