Classes were cancelled and the high school became like “a ghost town.”
Windows were broken. Tables overturned. Pieces of broken glass crunched under the feet of investigators trying to figure out what happened.
The Troy Hill building opened in 1939. Three years later an annex was added. A 1942 photo captured several dozen priests overseeing its dedication.
Students flowing into Hazelwood’s Gladstone High School on Feb. 18, 1969 knew this would be no normal day.